Tips for Selecting the Best Houston Dental Implant Provider
If you are one of the millions of Houstonians with one or more missing teeth, dental implants are one of the most popular treatment options. Houston dental implants are sturdy, long lasting, and function similar to real teeth.
If you are curious about dental implants, read on to learn five tips for choosing the best provider, what questions to ask, and other factors to consider.
1. Offers a Thorough Consultation
A good sign of a quality dental provider is a thorough initial consultation. Often, consultations are complimentary but it is good to ask ahead of time to be sure.
During your initial consultation, your dentist will most likely consider a variety of factors in order to determine your eligibility for dental implants. These include:
- Your Bone Structure – A dentist will make sure your jaw appears healthy and has the potential to fuse with the implant.
- The Health of Your Gums – Your dentist will evaluate the health of your gums in order to help predict the end result of a dental implant.
- The Health of the Rest of Your Teeth – The overall health of your mouth will be evaluated to ensure a positive outcome.
- Your Tobacco Habits – A dentist will want to know if you smoke or chew tobacco as this can negatively affect the final result of your dental implant.
2. Provides Detailed Information and Answers any Questions you Have
It is crucial to pick a dentist that takes the necessary time to address any questions you have. Your dentist should provide in-depth details and information about the entire process. Some excellent questions to ask your provider include:
- How is the surgery completed and what does it involve?
- How much time does the procedure take to complete?
- How long will it take to heal?
- Will any additional procedures be required?
3. Is Highly Trained and Skilled in Dental Implants
It is essential to ensure your dental provider has the necessary training, skills, and experience for successfully installing dental implants. Consider looking for a provider that has a specific history on the number of implants they have performed. Other questions to ask include:
- What brand do you use?
- What are the implants made of?
- What is your degree of success?
- Do you offer authentication from the implant’s manufacturer?
4. Provides a Clear Plan of Successful Treatment
Your dental provider should have a clear definition of what a successful dental implant installation entails. A concise, detailed route of treatment should be outlined and provided to you. Other questions to consider include:
- Do your dental implants come with a lifetime guarantee?
- How much pain and discomfort should I expect?
- What are some problems to watch for?
- Are you available after hours if I have concerns following the procedure?
- What steps should I take to shorten my healing time?
- What type of maintenance is involved?
5. Clearly Reviews Pricing Information and Potential Financing Options
You should be provided with a detailed plan explaining the cost of your treatment. Additionally, your provider should help maximize your insurance coverage, if applicable, and provide financing options.
Overall, dental implants can be an excellent option to consider if you are looking to replace a missing tooth but it is important to find a skilled, experienced, caring provider. Consider contacting Sinada Dental Houston for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Our qualified Houston dental implant specialists t can assist you in deciding if dental implants are a good option for you and design a personalized route of treatment.